Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Baked Beans

This recipe is from my mother in law and whenever I make these, someone usually asks me to send them the recipe. They go great with chicken dishes!

1/2 large onion, chopped  - cook until tender
1/2 lb cooked bacon or you can do 1 cup bacon bits (I dont use bacon bits, in the salad dressing section there are small bags of bacon pieces and I buy those if I dont use actual bacon)

Combine
1 large can pork n beans (you can also use a can of baked beans if you dont want to use pork n beans. It gives it more flavor if you use baked beans rather than pork n beans)
1 TBSP worchesterstire (sp) sauce
1/2 large bell pepper
1/2 c. ketchup
1 1/2 tsp vinegar
1/2 c. brown sugar

I combine all the ingredients (except the beans) and then let them sit for about 1/2 hour then I add the beans, onion and bacon
350 for 30 minutes

~Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment