Saturday, January 7, 2012

Granola Bars

My friend Shannon sent me a recipe for homemade Granola Bars awhile back and they were delicious. I found a similar recipe and these were also a hit at our house. They are really sweet but the good part is they dont have perservatives etc in them.


2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries (you can use any dried fruit you would like)
1 can -14oz- sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 325

Grease 9x13 pan or put foil in the pan and grease the foil. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Scoop into pan and pat down until firmly packed. Bake 20 min or until golden brown (if the edges are golden brown, take it out, its ready).

You can cool them and then cut them or I just cut them after they have sat for a few min and then let them cool down. I put them in a plastic container and leave them on the counter for the kids to enjoy!

** A hint my friend Shannon gave me was to place the unopened can of sweetened condensed milk in hot water. This makes it nice and thin and easier to mix the ingredients** The recipe was in USA weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment