Friday, January 6, 2012

Snickerdoodles

These are my hubby's favorite cookies and I have never made them for him. He was so excited when I did after 5 years of marriage. My mom made some and let us taste them and they were delicious. I like these ones because they are still soft and chewy the next day!

1/2 c. butter softened
1/2 c butter flavored shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 c flour
2 tsp cream of tatar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (I just sprinkle some in the dry ingredients)


3 T white sugar
3 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400

Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Add to the wet mixture.

Shape dough into balls or use a cookie scoop (My mom let me borrow hers and I was in LOVE). Mix the sugar and cinnamon together, put in a ziplock baggie and drop one cookie ball at a time into the bag and shake until coated.

Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Mine take 9 minutes, leave on cookie sheet for a few minutes and hten put them on a cooling rack. It makes about 3 dozen!

No comments:

Post a Comment