Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Raspberry Muffins

I bought a ton of raspberries when they were on sale at Fry's. We didn't eat them all so I froze them and decided to make some muffins with them. This recipe is from the cookbook Muffins and More. We got the cookbook when we were kids from my Grandma who lives in Canada. This cookbook is a huge hit up there and has so many wonderful recipes! I borrowed it from my mom and I am going to have to buy myself a copy because there are too many recipes I want to try.

1 3/4 c. flour (I used 1c white 3/4c wheat)
3 tsp Baking powder
dash of salt

1/4 c. softened butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
3/4 c. milk
1 tsp vanilla

1 c. raspberries, fresh or frozen (original recipe called for blueberries)
1 T. flour

In large bowl put flour, baking powder and salt. Stir together thoroughly, make a well in center

In another bowl cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg until smooth. Mix in milk and vanilla. Pour into well. Stir just to moisten - will be lumpy

Lightly stir raspberries and flour. Fold into batter. Put muffin cups into muffin tin, fill 3/4.

Bake 400 for 25 or until brown - Mine took 18 min

~Tia


No comments:

Post a Comment