Thursday, July 28, 2011

Zuppa Soup

This is Zac's favorite soup from the Olive Garden. My friend Amber Mason made it for her hubby and gave me the recipe. 


1lb ground Italian sausage
2-4 large russet baking potatoes, sliced in half, then cut into ¼ inch slices (the more potatoes the thicker the soup)
1 large onion, chopped
½ c bacon bits (I cook bacon and use actual bacon or if I am lazy I use the bacon pieces that they sell next to the salad dressing. I dont use bacon bits)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 c kale, chopped
2 cans chicken broth
4 c water
1 c heavy whipping cream

Cook sausage, set aside.

Place onions, potatoes, chicken broth, water and garlic in large pot and cook on medium heat until potatoes are done

Add sausage and bacon

Salt and pepper to taste

Simmer for another 10 min

Turn heat to low

Add kale and cream

Heath through and serve

~Tia .....It may not look yummy but I promise it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment