Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cloud Biscuts

We had these last night with Zuppa Soup. These are the only biscuts I have attempted to make. They are quick, easy and taste good. Recipe is from my mom :)

2 c flour (I havent tried it yet with whole wheat flour but when I do I will put 1c white 1c wheat)
2 T sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (I only put a dash of salt in)
1/2 c cold butter
1 egg beaten
1/2 c buttermilk

In a large bowl, put flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter. Cut in butter until mixture is cumbly. Make well in center, set aside. Beat egg until light and frothy. Mix buttermilk and egg and then pour into well. Stir lightly to form a soft dough. Add more buttermilk if you need to (I usually need to add more). On a floured surface, knead dough 8-10 times. Roll out 3/4 inch thick. Cut with cutter (I use a glass drinking glass to cut them). Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake 450 for 12 min. Makes 14-16 biscuts.

~Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment