Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dinner Rolls

I decided to make rolls this morning since Koen was up before 5...but I tried a different recipe other than the one my mom uses. Im trying to make some type of bread each week so I can get better at making it. I got this recipe from my friend Raygons blog which can be found here. The rolls turned out and were yummy. Now if I could just figure out cinnamon rolls. Ive tried twice and both times were a total bust. I may try again in a couple weeks :)

1 1/4 c warm water
1 Tbs. yeast
1/2 cup sugar
4 Tbs. butter, softened
3 eggs
1/3 cup powdered milk
About 6 cups flour
Combine water and yeast, set aside.

In mixer combine sugar, butter, eggs, powdered milk, and about 4 cups of flour. Slowly pour in yeast mixture. Mix until incorporated. Then add enough flour til dough pulls from the sides and the bowl is clean. The dough will be soft and a little sticky. Knead for about 4 minutes. Cover and let raise in bowl til doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours. (this is important, if you dont let them raise long enough they will be dense and crumbly) Punch down and shape into rolls. Let raise another hour or so. Bake 350 for 14 minutes or until brown. Brush with melted butter when they are fresh out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment