Friday, June 17, 2011

Whole Grain Carrot Muffins

I emailed my friend Raygon a few weeks ago and asked her for a good whole wheat bread recipe. Little did I know she had a blog with a ton of bread and healhty recipes. I got the recipe from here.

1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. white flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. applesauce unsweented ( I get a trader joes)
1/4 c. coconut oil ( I used vegetable oil)
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. 9 grain cereal (I used rolled oats)
1/2 c. shredded coconut
2 c. shredded carrots (to save your fingernails and the tips of your fingers shred the large carrots not the baby carrots)

Combine all dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix until combined.

Bake at 350. Original reicpe calls for 25 min but I did 18-20 and they turned out mosit and yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment